Friday, October 3, 2014

Baby #3 - pregnancy

I am running a little behind in life...

Oh man… I feel really behind.  Here I am, nine months pregnant, and I posted about this baby one time.  But, do you know what?  The third time around, there are other things that need doing, and blogging gets pushed to the wayside (just in case you hadn’t noticed.)  I’m pretty sure my two existing children appreciate that we play every day and I’m not spending ALL my time in front of my computer.  I already spend some time while they’re home on my computer doing actual work.  Just because I haven’t taken monthly belly pictures, or blogged about progress or what the internet says should be happening to me and baby every week, doesn’t mean we love this one any less.  We are a little busier this time around is all.

This pregnancy started a little rough.  We found out we were pregnant the night before we left for Christmas vacation.  I was busy singing with two groups and had a few days of performances that week, and Tim was out of the country.  He was home for a day before we left for Christmas.  I had been feeling tired and just overall icky.  So, I had two weeks of travel and Christmas festivities and family, and we couldn’t say anything to anyone yet.  We made it through that, and a couple of weeks after we got home,I found out I had a sub-chorionic hemorrhage.  I suddenly started bleeding and I assumed it was a miscarriage.  I went to the doctor that day and after a couple of ultrasounds determined it was a hemorrhage instead.  I was rechecked a couple of times whenever something unusual came up.  Everything was still ok, and it was a huge sigh of relief when I could see that little baby and hear the heartbeat.  At the twenty week ultrasound, the hemorrhage was gone, and this baby didn’t have choroid plexus cysts like the other two.  Yay!  However, the umbilical cord didn’t attach straight into the placenta.It went sideways through the membranes for a short distance before attaching to the placenta.  Luckily, it attached at the top instead of toward the bottom where it would be more of a concern.  But, that still meant extra monitoring.  So, I had an ultrasound for a recheck at 28, 32 and 36 weeks, and then for the last month, I had weekly ultrasounds and non-stress tests.

I also had more pain with this one than the others.  I started going to the chiropractor at about four months because I was having so much lower back pain.  I hadn’t been to the chiropractor since we lived in Michigan… so 5 years?  I was well overdue.  Once my back pain was under control, I continued to go because I had so much pelvic pain.  It was crazy!  I wasn’t nearly as … weak, sensitive, stretched, worn out...? with my other two pregnancies.  I would usually be ok for a few days, and by the third or fourth day I had trouble getting out of bed, and I was always in pain when I went from sitting for a while to standing.

This baby always seemed to have a dance party, sideways, exactly at the time I was getting into bed.  I had something poking out each of my sides the entire time I was trying to get to sleep.  But, there were no big rolls or grand movements.  It always felt like punching or kicking.

Everyone kept saying how small I looked, and that always makes me laugh.  Looking at pictures, I was anything but small.  My doctor was concerned about my low weight gain, so that was another reason to put me on the watch radar. I gained the least amount of weigh with this one, but I also started out weighing more than I did with the other two.  Despite all the risk factors, it ended up being a healthy pregnancy.

These photos were taken on Aug 2, so less than two weeks before baby!

Since I've been trying to write this for almost 2 months, I’m just going to post what I have, and hope to finish it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment